All course fee payments are made when enrolling online or at our office by card payment. Please, enrol well in advance to ensure your place. After the course has started, it is not possible to enrol on the course.
- Prior to enrolling please read the terms of cancellation.
- If you encounter any problems with choosing the right course or with the enrolment process, please contact the office. All enrolments are binding.
- If the course is already full, you may be placed on the waiting list. The Summer University office will contact you if a place becomes available. If you do not confirm your attendance, the place will be offered to the next person on the waiting list. You should not attend the course without paying the course fee and enrolling. The Helsinki Summer University Student Services are in charge of the waiting list; the teachers cannot accept enrolments from the waiting list in any circumstances.
- Those who have enrolled on a course and paid the course fee have the right to study at the Helsinki Summer University. The course fees are listed in each course description. The course fee covers only the specific course and the specific group the student has enrolled on.
- Please note that textbooks must be purchased beforehand. They are available in bookshops.
- You should not attend the course without paying the course fee and enrolling. If an individual participates in a course without an enrollment to that specific course/group, he/she will be charged the course fee in total and administrative costs (min. 40€). Please note that the administrative cost will be charged also if the student moves to another group without a permission from the Student Services.
Check the course programme and choose the course or courses you wish to take.
- Before enrolling, please make sure that you have chosen a course, which is suitable for your level and skills; you cannot change the course after enrolling.
- Registration and paying online is possible with a Visa, Visa Electron, Master Card or through any Finnish online bank service.
- If the course fee is paid by an employer or a Finnish organization, the billing information including a business ID (y-tunnus) is obligatory. The Helsinki Summer University charges €5 per invoice.
- Please note that in case of cancellation the refund can only be made to a credit card, an account within the SEPA area or at our office in Finland.
Enrollment at the office
- Enrol on a course by paying the course fee and by filling in the registration form at the Summer University office (address: Kaisaniemenkatu 4 A, 4th floor).
- The payment can be made with a Visa/Master/Visa Electron/Maestro credit card or a debit card. Please note that the Helsinki Summer University does not accept payments in cash or by check.
- Please note that in case of cancellation the refund can only be made to a bank account within the SEPA area or at our office in Finland.
- Student discounts apply to courses that have a special student fee in the course description.
- Discounts are granted to all students enrolled as attending students on a BA or MA programme at any Finnish university or university of applied sciences. In order to get a student discount you must present your student card or proof of study upon registration. When registering online, please fill in the details of your institute of learning and your student number or student ID.
- Please note that you may be asked to present your student card or proof of study in class.
- Please note that the student discount is personal and cannot be applied to courses paid by the organization.
Enrolments are binding for all courses and study modules.
- If you are unable to start the course you have registered for, please inform the Helsinki Summer University office in writing and without delay either by Online Form or by email info(at)kesayliopistohki.fi. Refund Forms can also be obtained from the Helsinki Summer University office (Kaisaniemenkatu 4 A, 00100 Helsinki).
- If you cancel your enrolment at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the course, 20% of the course fee (or a €20 minimum) will be charged as a handling fee.
- If you cancel your participation less than 14 days prior to the beginning of the course, the course fee will be charged in full.
- In the event of your employer or university committing to pay for your course and later declining to pay, or in case of cancelling your participation on the course yourself, the course fee and the cancellation fee will be collected from the student. The Helsinki Summer University will not automatically remove you from a course due to non-payment. Course fees are collectible (Law 706/2007).
- You are also entitled to course fee refunds if
- The course or group which you wish to attend is cancelled due lack of students, the teacher being prevented by an illness, or other reasons.
- The schedule of, or the requirements for the course have essentially been changed.
- You have made a mistake in the payment . A €5 handling fee will be charged.
In case you need to cancel your enrolment due to illness, you should provide the Helsinki Summer University office with a medical certificate together with a completed refund form. The course fee will be refunded only during the dates stated in the medical certificate. In case of illness you are to contact the Helsinki Summer University office without delay. The course refund form should then be sent to the Helsinki Summer University office as soon as possible.
- Refunds less than €10 will not be made.
- The course fee will be refunded by Paytrail (online payments) or to the payer’s bank account within the SEPA area (payments in the office).