- Please enrol on time to ensure a place on the course.
- If you are unsure whether the course meets your learning needs, please contact the office before enrolling.
- If the course requires textbooks, you must purchase them yourself before the course begins.
- Please read the terms of cancellation, as all course enrolments are binding.
Enrolling online or at the office
- You must pay the course fee to attend the course. After completing the payment, you will receive a confirmation message, which you must bring to the first lesson and present, if requested.
- You may pay online via Paytrail using a Finnish online bank or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Visa Electron, Eurocard and Maestro) or at the office using the aforementioned cards. The Summer University does not accept cash.
- If the course is full, you may still enrol for and be placed on the waiting list. In this case, the Summer University office will contact you if a place on the course becomes available. The teachers do not have the authority to accept enrolments from the waiting list.
- You cannot attend the course, unless you have paid the course fee and received the confirmation message. Please note that the course fee covers only the specific course and the specific group the student has enrolled for. If an individual participates in a course without enrolling, they will be charged the course fee, billing and administrative costs (40€).
- We will charge a 5-euro billing fee if the course is paid for by an employer. If your employer does not pay the course fee, it will be charged from the participant.
- The enrolment does not expire if you do not pay the course fee. Course fees are collectible (Law 706/2007).
- Please check the course dates online, as there are no reminder messages.
- Student discounts apply to courses that have a special student fee in the course description.
- Discounts are granted to all students enrolled as attending students on a BA or MA programme at any Finnish university or university of applied sciences. In order to get a student discount you must present your student card or proof of study upon registration. When registering online, please fill in the details of your institute of learning and your student number or student ID.
- Please note that you may be asked to present your student card or proof of study in class.
- Please note that the student discount is personal and cannot be applied to courses paid by the organization.
Terms of cancellation
- Enrolments are always binding.
- You must always notify the Summer University of all cancellations in writing via the cancellation form or via email at info(at)kesayliopistohki.fi
- We will charge a processing fee, which is 20 % of the course’s price or a 20-euro minimum, for cancellations made at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the course/study module.
- There are no refunds for cancellations made less than 14 days prior to the beginning of the course.
- You may cancel your enrolment due to illness (and must present a doctor’s or nurse’s certificate). Refunds due to illness are paid accordingly:
- Before the course/study module begins, the Summer University will refund 50 % of the course fee.
- Before the course/study module is half-way through, the Summer University will refund 25 % of the course fee.
- No refunds are offered if the course/study module is cancelled over half-way through.
- The Summer University has the right to cancel a course due to lack of participants or for other reasons. In this case, the whole course fee will be refunded.
- All refunds are made via Paytrail to the payee’s card, to accounts within the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) or at the Summer University office.