Responsible distance and contact teaching
Welcome to Helsinki Summer University! We currently provide both distance and contact teaching.
We organize contact teaching in accordance with the instructions of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) and the Ministry of Education and Culture. The classrooms we use are spacious and the size of contact groups is limited so that appropriate safety distances can be implemented in every location.
We expect students to prevent the spread of the corona virus with their own action:
- Wash your hands with water and soap upon arrival and as often as possible during the class.
- There is hand disinfectant available in the entrance halls at the study locations, but we recommend that you also bring your own if possible.
- Cough on a disposable cloth or sleeve.
- If you wish, you can also wear face mask in the class.
- Keep at least one meter away from others when moving around the study site.
- If you are ill, symptomatic, or have recently returned from a trip abroad, please stay at home.
- In case of illness (including corona) we follow the general cancellation policy.
We will follow the information provided by the authorities and update the guidelines as necessary. The most up-to-date information on the corona virus can be found on the website of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare.
Distance learning takes place online with a video connection according to the schedule found in the course information.
- Distance teaching mainly takes place on Teams or Zoom. In some courses, depending on the teacher, there might be some other platform in use.
- In addition, the learning environment Moodle is used in courses for sharing information and study materials.
- Registration for the platforms used in the course will be instructed by e-mail latest the day before the course.
- It is recommended to test the functionality of the equipment well in advance of the start of the course. The Summer University is not responsible for the functionality of the students’ equipment. The Summer University does not refund course fees if participation is blocked due to an individual student’s connection or technical problems.
We organize also online courses, that are mainly completed independently within the given timeline. Communication with the teacher takes place on the course platform.
Enjoy the learning!